How can I request/hold/book an item?
I am wondering how to make the request like that. I mean if I want to read some books which have been checked out by other students before, then what should I do to have the checked-out books returned? I have tried to find certain available online service to do that, but I failed to do that.
So if you know how to achieve that, please guide me.
You can request items only if those are out on loan(checked-out by someone) or located on the Closed Stacks.
1. Search an item and Click the "Request" button. (it shows only if it's holdable)
2. Check the Volumes, Copies and Mark an item you want to request.
3. Check the Status field(Due date or Other Requestors), then you can estimate the date you can get that item.
- For an example, "STATUS: DUE 12-10-04" means...the user who holds the item can hold it until Oct 4th, 2012.
- if it shows "STATUS: DUE 12-10-04+1", Another user is waiting that item and s/he have priority.
4. After requesting an items, An automated email is sent to the user who hold it currently. And if S/he will return it, you will also get an email notification from the library once requested items become available.
5. Items remain on the hold shelf for 5 days.
6. Requests can be viewed or deleted through My Library after login with HEMOS ID.